How to center mark small holes with scribe only?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
miro.kahanek

Post by miro.kahanek »

Vmax549 wrote: You may also want to adjust the feedrate for the scribing.
Thank you Vmax,

I didn't expect anybody here except Les pays proper attention to code sections, I appreciate it. :)

What feedrate (metric of course) for scribing do you suggest from your own experience?
Especially for precise cross marks and bend lines - that's what I care about most...
I tried 1000, seems little nicer so far...

Also, to be super honest:
I consider plate marker to be most painful part on plasma table and I am not talking about number
of demo videos on youtube, people showing off their logos, artwork, some serial numbers on parts etc.

Painful because: once you install that vicious bugger on your gantry it will show you almost EVERYTHING you messed
on the table as a "mechanical engineer" - not that I am one...
Suddenly all minor details matter once you expect plate marker to position proper center marks, bend lines, marks for alignment etc.

Even for the smallest "play" in Z axis you WILL be punished, magnetic break-away torch holder will teach you a lesson,
you will finally understand the practical meaning of the word "backlash", you will appreciate linear guides - which you did not use,
the fact you didn't need gantry squaring until now and list goes on and on...

All you gotta do is to let the scribe to "draw" you a large square (1x1m) which resembles measuring tape on all sides,
then compare the result with precision steel rule (make sure you are alone in the shop) and let it amuse you... :lol:

Bottom line:
From my experience, I like to call the precision plate marker on your plasma table a "truth teller"... :shock:
It will open your eyes, make you a better fabricator and if you are serious about your business - it may force you to
build another table where you WILL pay attention to all details...

Anyways... I'm done for tonight - no more sheet metal stories, till next time. :wink:
Miro Kahanek