Command-line parameters for Sheetcam?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Spartan117

Command-line parameters for Sheetcam?

Post by Spartan117 »

Hello Les,

are there any command-line parameters for sheetcam?
Especially for changing the used PP when starting?

I know it can be done by installing a second version of sheetcam and doing the changes there, but a simple command-line-add would be fine :)

Regards,

Marc
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'm afraid you can't currently specify the post on the command line. I have added this to the to-do list. The currently available command line parameters are:

SheetCam TNG /p /s /l <job file name>

/p Run the post processor and exit (you need to also specify a job file)
/s Do not show splash screen
/l<license file> Install license

As a workaround you can go into program files and make a copy of SheetCam TNG.exe. Call it something like SheetCam TNG2.exe. If you run this copy it will be completely independent on the original copy, with it's own settings.
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

Just a copy of sheetcam.exe? I have installed a complete new version of sheetcam and did the changes there.

But when i just copy the exe and rename it, what will change that?
Where are the parameter-changes stored then? In the .exe?

Maybe i don't understand that correct because i'm german. Can you please clarify this a little bit more detailed?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You don't need to install a separate copy. Just make a copy of SheetCam TNG.exe with a different name. You can use any name you like but it must stay in the same directory. SheetCam uses the executable file name to work out where to store it's settings so if you use a different name it will use different settings. The path to the settings will be {application data}\{file name}. For instance if I make a copy called SheetCam2.exe on my Windows 7 computer it's settings will be stored under
C:\Users\les\AppData\Roaming\SheetCam2
You can always find the directory by running SheetCam and going to Help->open settings folder.

SheetCam TNG.exe is just a boot loader (which is why it is so small). The application itself is in camlib.dll. This means that if you install an update your copy will also be updated.
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

OK, now i understand. And it works :)

Thank you very much!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

V4.1.10 onwards now have a /pp switch:
/pp "Mach3 plasma"
Note the post name is case sensitive. SheetCam first searches your edited posts. If it doesn't find a suitable post there it tries the main posts folder.