Stable version.010 bug

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Vmax549

Stable version.010 bug

Post by Vmax549 »

Hiya Les, Just loaded up the latest stable version and the new offsetting works very well.

BUT, it now does NOT post the Gcode for a circle. I can draw a circle and do a plasma opperation for an inside OR outside cut and it draws the offsets correctly BUT doe NOT post the gcode for the circle.

IT does post the leadin and leadsouts but not the circle.

I had to go back to an older version to be able to do work.

(;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What post are you using?
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

Les it is one from Tom at CandCNC.

MP1000 Dthc -Zref

It works fine on ver V1.0.1 BUT it does not seem to work on any of the Ver 2 upgrades.

I noticed that when I loaded the post it said it had to convert it to the newer ver.

(;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Ah, I know what the problem is. Go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the edit post button. Look for:
function OnArc()

Immediately after it you will probably see something like this:
if(math.hypot(endx-currentx , endy-currenty) <0.2) then
move() --ignore if arc is too small
return
end

Delete those four lines. If you have any problems, send me the post and I'll sort it out fro you.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA LES, That did the trick (;-) I noticved that OTHERs have had the same problem. I will alert TomC to the problem so he can update the post on his end.

Have you had time to look at adding extents to the job report so we can use it for estimating costs?

(;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Oops. Sorry, I completely forgot about extents :oops:. I'll take another look at it.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

Hiya Les, Ijust notice one other quirk in the newer version. When I draw a circle and bring in the drawing it makes the BLUE cross marks at the center point HUGE, like 3-4 times the size of the circle(;-)

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA LES, I fixed the weird cross hairs(;-) It was something to do with the scaling Metric imported correctly but not english or scale SO I redownload a fresh version and all is well so far.

Thanks (;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You probably imported as metric when the drawing was actually in inches. You can't always tell what scaling the dxf file is using. Even if you draw a part in inches it could come out as metric and vice-versa.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA Les just a note to let you know all is working well (;-).

I do like the feel of the newer version. TOP notch (;-)

(;-) TP